Education in New Zealand can, in certain cases, be considered as a sound way to secure subsequent employment and immigration in New Zealand.
Immigrant Ltd is one of the most experienced and successful New Zealand companies assisting students from all over the world to study in New Zealand. We help students obtain their visas in order to study English and further their education in New Zealand
Our company is an authorised agent for the following largest educational institutions in New Zealand, encompassing secondary schools, universities, institutes of technology, and also English Language Schools for foreign students:
- The University of Auckland, Auckland
- Unitec Institute of Technology, Auckland
- Lynfield High School, Auckland
- Cambridge College, Cambridge
- Senior College of Auckland, Auckland
- Hillmorton High School, Christchurch
- Southern English Schools, Christchurch
- Kiwi English Academy Ltd., Auckland
- Edenz College's, Auckland
- Tauranga Boy's College, Tauranga
- Oceania International College, Auckland
- Onehunga High School, Auckland
- Mt. Roskill Grammar School, Auckland
- Auckland Grammar School, Auckland
- International Language Academies Aspect, Auckland and Christchurch
- Auckland University of Technology, Auckland
- Mount Maunganui Language Centre, Mount Maunganui
- Sheffield English Language School, Auckland
- Christchurch Polytechnic Institute of Technology, Christchurch
- The University of Waikato
- Study Group
- ESOL International, Christchurch
- Canterbury Language College, Christchurch
- Languages International, Auckland
We are able to organise your enrolment, student visa, accommodation with either a New Zealand family or on-campus, medical insurance, and also someone to meet and greet you at the airport on your arrival.
Immigrant Ltd will give you full attention and assistance during your stay in New Zealand.
The academic year for New Zealand Universities, Institutes and Polytechnics consists of two semesters running from late February or early March to June and from July to November. The long summer vacation is from November to February.
Some courses may be started half way through the year in the second semester (July).
The academic year for New Zealand Secondary Schools is split into four terms, with the school year beginning in late January. Each term is usually 10 weeks in length with a two week break in between each term. The summer vacation is from December to January.
English Language Courses
There are many English language courses to choose from ranging in length from 4 - 48 weeks. When choosing a course there are two main things to consider. The first thing to consider is why you are studying English and what you hope to get out of the course. The second is your current level of English, as you will not benefit from a course that is either much too difficult or much too easy. For this reason, language institutions usually administer a placement test at the beginning of a course so that each student is put into a class of the appropriate level. We recommend at least three months of full time study for an adult with an intermediate level and a minimum of six months for beginners.
Full-time courses usually run from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. from Monday to Friday.
Full-time tuition fee for 2003 is approximately US$ 230 per week.
Most students stay with New Zealand families in homestay situations. New Zealand families offer warm, caring and safe homes for international students. Homestay accommodation also gives you an opportunity to practise your English in a supportive environment. Other options for accommodation include hostels, dormitories and, for older students, shared apartments. Homestay accommodation fee includes your own room, breakfast and dinner on weekdays and all meals at weekend and holidays.
Homestay accommodation fee for 2003 is approximately US$ 120 per week.
Please feel free to contact us with your enquiries.